Review: Essence 'Light up your face'

Hi! I've had this Essence 'light up your face' palette for a while now, but have only recently started to actually use it. I thought I'd share my opinions on the palette today, and see if I think it's worth picking up or not.




There are three different shades in this palette which all claim to add a subtle glow to the skin. On the left is the 'Golden beige', in the middle is 'Rose' and on the right is 'Nude'.




Packaging:
I love this packaging, although it is clear plastic, it seems sleek and fresh. Also, you can see what is actually inside.

Pigmentation and pay off on the skin:
It is not highly pigmented, but they aren't really meant to be. This highlighter trio is designed to illuminate the skin and provide a subtle, natural glow. The shades 'Nude' and 'Rose' were great at giving a natural, subtle glow to the skin. For me, 'Nude' was too dark to use as a highlighter, but worked well as a blusher that just adds a soft glow to the apple's of the cheeks. I found that 'Golden beige' did not show up at all really, and it doesn't seem to illuminate in anyway, so I was a little disappointed (and confused) with that one.

Price:
It is £3 here-from the Essence website-which is pretty good.

Overall:
 I wasn't overly impressed by this palette. Although I kind of liked two of the three shades, I don't think it will be something I would reach for. The pigmentation wasn't great, but if you are looking for a natural, easy to use illuminator palette, this could be one you like. 

And those are my thoughts on this Essence palette.
Have you tried anything from Essence?

Lots of love xoxo

6 comments

  1. I always want to try this brand before but after reading this, I don't think I would because I always look for highly pigmented product. Thank you for sharing! XO

    www.cantiquejoice.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Essence do have some amazing products that i am in love with, but this just didn't work well! Thanks for reading! x

      Delete
  2. I love Essence, they're such pretty highlighter shades xx

    Gemma Etc. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love Essence as a brand, they've got some real gems, it's a shame this one wasn't that great. Thanks for reading Gemma :) x

      Delete
  3. I am sorry to hear that you wasn't impressed with the product. I have tried a few products from essence and I must say that I wasn't super impressed either but for the price I think that they are fine!

    http://whatmakesmesmileblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! I think they're very hit or miss, but generally for the price, like you said, i think they are fine too :) x

      Delete